Piave, Mushroom & Arugula Salad
(serves 2 ppl as a main, 4 ppl as a side)
- 6 - 8 oz. Wild baby arugula
- 2 oz. saved Piave cheese (we use a vegetable peeler for nice thin shavings)
- 1/3 - 1/2 lb. cimini or white button mushrooms
- 1/4 lb. San Daniele Prosciutto or Speck, thinly sliced (optional)
If you're looking to bulk up the salad a bit or don't care for mushrooms and want to replace them, here are some additional ingredients that we've found taste great!
- shaved fennel
- shaved radish
- toasted pine nuts
- toasted chopped almonds
- 6 Tbsp EVOO: CSSB Organic EVOO or Olio Santo EVOO
- 2 Tbsp White Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 Tbsp OMG spice blend
- About 1/2 Tbsp capers, rinsed if salt packed, and minced (optional)
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste (optional)
Whisk all ingredients together (or shake together in a jar) and let sit for 5-30 minutes ideally before serving so the OMG spice can open up. Only add salt to the finished salad AFTER you have dressed and tasted it since there is quite a bit of salt already in the ingredients. And for those who would like the dressing a little sweeter, you can add a little honey to it!
Great on salads, drizzled over chicken and grilled meats, roasted veggies or rice. You can store leftovers in the fridge for use within 1-2 weeks. Warm at room temp for 30 minutes before serving if it solidifies.
Recipe Credits: Salad recipe adapted from Matt Molina's, Food & Wine 2009. OMG vinaigrette adapted from Stonehouse Napa Valley.